Friday, August 5, 2011

Nestle Banana Baby Food Recall

One of my friends in Facebook posted something about the recall of Nestle Banana Baby food product. I got curious about this news so I google it and found out that this warning was only derived from one batch of Nestle Baby Food "P'tit Pot Recette Banana" in France.

A consumer detected a piece of glass in a container and immediately informed the food company. Nestle France voluntarily recalled the said batch of baby food as a precautionary measure.

The bar code on the said recalled products are 7 613033089732, batch number L 10980295 with an expiration date of October 2012.

Nestle already given their statement and confirmed that the product batch was only sold in France and no other product was affected by this recall.

I know my friend does not mean to propagate this bogus (unless you are living in France), she might thought she is doing the right thing.

Lesson learned - if anything comes up like this, it is better to copy and paste it on your search engine first and do your research like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment